Chief Deputy Engineer Cornell Robertson from the Franklin County Engineer’s Office presented a bike path connectivity proposal for the Southern Grove subdivision located north of Orders Road and west of Haughn Road during an Aug. 2, 2016 Jackson Township Board of Trustees public information meeting. More than 20 Southern Grove residents were at the meeting held at the Jackson Township Administration Building to learn about the bike path proposal and seek answers to their questions.
Those in attendance in addition to Robertson included Jackson Township Trustees David Burris, Stephen Bowshier and Jim Rauck; Fiscal Officer Ron Grossman; Jackson Township Administrator Mike Lilly; and Grove City Mayor Ike Stage, Development Director Kyle Rauch and Grove City Council Member Laura Lanese.
The City of Grove City Council unanimously approved a resolution at it Jan. 19, 2016 meeting to approve the development plan for Hickory Creek Estates located adjacent to the west of Southern Grove. (Refer to Page 7: http://bit.ly/HCE1-19-16.)
The Jackson Township Board of Trustees will continue to take all input from the residents under consideration during the upcoming weeks.
Links for reference
- Franklin County Engineer’s Southern Grove pavement resurfacing cost estimate totaling $85,188
- Franklin County Engineer’s Southern Grove bike path cost estimate totaling $150,848.46
- Franklin County Engineer’s Southern Grove bike path cost estimate for landscape planters
- Southern Grove meeting notification letter sent to homeowners that includes contact information for township trustees http://bit.ly/SG8-2-16
- Grove City Record news stories: http://bit.ly/GCR-SG
- The Columbus Dispatch July 5, 2016 news story: http://bit.ly/CD-SG