- Contact Local Waste Services at (614) 409-9375.
- Local Waste Services guidelines
- SWACO residential recycling information and plastic bag and film take-back initiative: www.swaco.org/bringmeback
- See fliers for acceptable and unacceptable items to recycle.
- Link to Grove City trash, recycling and yard waste information: grovecityohio.gov/public-service/trashrecyclingyard-waste.
Residents receive 65-gallon recycling containers as part of new consortium contract
Lowest-bidder Local Waste Services was awarded a new five-year residential waste contract effective Jan. 1, 2017 by a consortium that includes Jackson Township, the City of Grove City and village of Urbancrest.
The residential waste contract includes pricing of $14.45/month for weekly collection of household trash, recycling and yard waste with Local Waste Services replacing 18-gallon green recycling bins by the end of 2016 with new 65-gallon wheeled red recycling carts. (Update: SWACO announced changes to its gate rates effective April 1, 2017 so new pricing is $14.20 per month.)
Residents will continue to have the same service day and are asked to have all materials out by 7 a.m. on their regularly scheduled pickup days. To request pick up of old recycling bins or opt out of receiving new carts by contacting Local Waste Services at (614) 409-9375, or by submitting a service request at www.localwasteservices.com/request.
Service guidelines and additional information including new rates and holiday schedules are posted at http://bit.ly/LW2017.