Board of Zoning Appeals
The Jackson Township Board of Zoning Appeals meets monthly only when there are appeals cases to be heard. Applicants requesting variance or conditional use appeals file their applications approximately one month in advance of the meeting date.
Any questions about the appeal process or any zoning questions can be directed to the township zoning office at (614) 991-6881 during regular business hours, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 10, 2021 BZA meeting
- May 10, 2021 Cisco Webex meeting link: https://grovecityohio.webex.com/grovecityohio/onstage/g.php?MTID=eae44a60aed11c6b9b5eb7c1d6d9012e2
- May 10, 2021 BZA meeting agenda: jacksontwp.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/BZA-May-10-2021-agenda.pdf
- Application for Variance — 7598 Vern Place: jacksontwp.org/7598-vern-place-notarized-variance-app/
- Variance 2-VA-2020 site map: jacksontwp.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Site-map-for-Neighbor-Notice-May-2021.pdf
- Variance 2-VA-2020 staff report: jacksontwp.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/7598-Vern-Place-2-VA-2021-Staff-Report.pdf
April 12, 2021 BZA meeting
- April 12, 2021 Jackson Township Board of Zoning Appeals meeting
- April 12, 2021 Jackson Township Board of Zoning Appeals variance decision
The Township Board of Zoning Appeals typically meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Jackson Township Administration Building at 3756 Hoover Road in Grove City, Ohio to hear cases of variance, conditional use and violation appeals for Jackson Township property owners.
The BZA consists of five regular members and up to two alternate members, and a quorum of three is required to convene a public meeting and rule on cases presented. E-mail email@example.com to contact BZA members.
Board of Zoning Appeals members
Glen has served on the BZA since February 2000, and his current term expires Dec. 31, 2021. He is a professional firefighter with the City of Columbus Division of Fire and owner of locally owned Diamond Lawn and Landscape.
Richard has served on the BZA since July 2003, and his current term expires Dec. 31, 2025. He is retired from service with the Southwestern City Schools and now volunteers his spare time with the American Legion. He and his wife have resided in Jackson Township since 1960.
Aaron has served on the BZA since January 2007, and his current terms expires Dec. 31, 2023. He is employed with Coca-Cola as a maintenance coordinator and is the owner of a local blacktop sealing and painting company Seal Master Co.
Alan was appointed to the BZA in January 2016. He has lived in the area for 68 years, has three sons, pastors an intercity church, and enjoys fishing and old cars. His term expires Dec. 31, 2025.